Thursday, 21. January 2016
ISPO MUNICH 2016—even more exhibitors and many prominent Figures
More than 2,600 exhibitors from about 50 countries will present themselves at ISPO MUNICH 2016, the world’s largest sports trade show, from January 24 to 27, 2016. This year, numerous prominent figures from politics and sports are expected to attend the event, among them Dr. Gerd Müller, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, the extreme mountaineer Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner, as well as the two Olympic champions Matthias Steiner (weightlifting) and Claudia Pechstein (speed skating).
ISPO MUNICH 2016 offers nine fully packed exhibition segments in 16 exhibition halls covering 180,000 square meters. These impressive figures underline the event’s role as key trade show of the international sports business. There are nearly 60 exhibitors more than in the previous year. The portion of foreign exhibitors amounts to 87 percent. A strong increase in the number of exhibitors is recorded above all in the segments Health & Fitness and Outdoor.
- Health & Fitness (Hall B4): Classic fitness, healthy nutrition, mobile health & fitness applications. Among the new exhibitors in this segment are Hylete, Medisana, Cosinuss, Rehband and Woodway. The Supporting Program will be animated by top-class speakers like Olympic champion Matthias Steiner, yoga teacher Dr. Patrick Broome, and star chef Roland Trettl.
- Action Sports (Halls A6, B5 and B6): Freestyle Snow Arena (“DJI Cable Session”) between the Halls A6 and B6, snowboard companies (B6), freeskiing and backcountry (A6), snowboard wear and accessories, sports cameras, street and skate, ISPO Cold Water Surfing, ISPO BRANDNEW Village (B5). The new exhibitors in the Action Sports segment are DJI, Bench, CP, Northwave, Full Tilt, Dolomite and Rollei, among others.
- ISPO Vision (Hall B1): Premium sportswear, design trends, special exhibition on sportswear suited for everyday use (athleisure). Labels like Bogner, Kjus, Peak Performance, New Balance and Sportalm increasingly count on this new trend.
- Sportstyle (Hall B2 and B3): Functional sportswear and accessories for winter sports. Separate “Wool Street” for functional woolen products. The new Sportstyle exhibitors are Ilse Jacobsen, Canada Goose, Boxeur Des Rues and Linea Primero, among others.
- Outdoor (Halls A1 to A3): Outdoor clothing, travel and camping accessories, flashlights, ISPO Outdoor Lounge (A1), hardware for climbing, bouldering, backcountry (A3), soft goods and clothing (A2). Among the new exhibitors in this segment are Völkl Performance Wear, Hydro Flask, Helsport and Polarmond.
- Sourcing (Halls C1 and C2): New raw materials and textiles.
- Performance (Hall C4): Power sports ranging from team sports up to watersports. The newcomers among the exhibitors in the Performance Hall are Trigon, Toesox, Futchi and Legea, among others.
- Textrends (Hall C3): Performance textiles, the latest fabrics, insulation materials for sportswear and outdoor apparel.
- Ski (Halls A4 and A5): Skis and ski boots (A4), ski apparel and accessories (A5).
Important dates and events
- The several-time Olympic champion in speed skating, Claudia Pechstein, will hold a press conference in Hall B6 on Sunday, January 24, at 11:00.
- The Federal Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development, Dr. Gerd Müller, will be reporting on the development of the Partnership for Sustainable Textiles, which aims at improving the conditions for the production of textiles, on Monday, January 25, at 13:30 (ISPO ACADEMY; East Entrance).
- On Tuesday, January 26, the successful mountaineer Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner, will be awarded the ISPO Cup as the sports celebrity of the year. In addition, she will be honored in acknowledgment of her commitment for the association Nepalhilfe Beilngries (Nepal Aid Beilngries). Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner was the first women who climbed all fourteen eightthousanders without bottled oxygen and counts among the world’s best alpinists. The award ceremony will take place in the course of the ISPO VIP Dinner, which represents one of the highlights of the trade show with some 350 prestigious guests from business, sports and the media.
- On Tuesday, January 26, Andrus Ansip, Vice President of the European Commission, will participate in a dialog between the citizens on the topic “How does Europe get fit for the digital age?” More information is available here.
The ISPO ACADEMY (East Entrance, EO.E4) offers informative seminars, workshops and panel discussions on all four days of the trade show. International speaker will provide information on current trends in the sporting goods industry.
Here you will find an overview of all Exhibition Segments.